Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Tree Stamped Cards


Today my week of Christmas projects continues with Christmas Tree Stamped cards.  The stamp set I used to create these two cards is from Samantha - the Scrapmaster.  I met Samantha last summer at CHA and thought she was so nice.  When she introduced her own line of stamps I knew I just had to have a set or two.  Given the season, I started with this great Christmas tree set. 


I should begin by telling you that I am NOT a great stamper.  Somehow I manage to get the pressure uneven.  I probably should have used a smaller stamp block and stamped the trees one at a time.  But no - I was rushing so I stamped all four trees at once using a large stamp block.  As you can see I did not apply pressure evenly.  Oddly, I still like my images even with their imperfections.  It gives them character and make each tree unique.


I used SEI paper and Bazzill cardstock to create the first card.  Using Stampin' Up ink, the trees were stamped onto Bazzill cardstock.  Each tree was cut out individually and pop dots were applied to the back of the trees.  Using SEI Christmas paper and Nestabilities label (9?), a tag/label shape was cut in white on white shiny paper.  Silver ink was added around the edges of the label.  The trees and their small silver trunks were adhered to the label, and the label was affixed to SEI glitter snowflake cardstock.  The card stock was wrapped in white sheer ribbon and trimmed with silver peel offs before being affixed to a white card.  The front of the card was finished with the Peace on Earth peel off phrase and a couple of Shapability snowflakes.. 


 I stamped the trees on several different papers and in several different colors to get a feel for how different colors and textures worked together.  At a later date (because it is SOOO late as I am finishing this post) I will share with you how pretty these trees look on light pink cardstock with cranberry embossed trees.  In the meantime I will share one more variation.

The trees on this card were stamped in Stampin' Up burgundy ink on to a Christmas red and gold print paper.  The trees were cut out individually and matted on gold metallic cardstock.  Using an SEI Christmas red cardstock, a label shape was cut with my nesties and embossed with a snowflake embossing plate.  The trees were pop dotted to the label.  The label is matted on a piece of gold and red-ish paper and affixed to an SEI red cardstock card. 



The trees and the top edge of the card are embellished with silver and gold angel and star peel offs.  Gold Stickles dots were added around the edge of the label shape.  And finally I created the bottom accent out of necessity - I could not find a ribbon that looked good on this card.  I used Melissa Frances silver trim and a piece of gold rope twisted together to create an unusual lower trim for the card.  And while the glittery trim is very different than my usual style, it does capture both the silver and gold accents in the peel offs. 


This sentiment on this card is also a peel off phrase.  I am so enjoying my peel offs.  I am glad that I went a little peel off crazy at CHA.

I will be back tomorrow with something new to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment