Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas


I have a quick little card to share today, White Christmas.  This card was created by combining elements from the WINTER FROLIC cartridge.  I used the White Christmas word phrase, cut in several layers, the triple circle accent cut, and the stars.  Using Design Studio, I welded the word phrase shadow cut to the circles to create a shadow base on which to build the top of the card.



I cut the top two word phrase layers white bazzill cardstock, the bottom layer in light blue Core'dination cardstock..  The circles were cut in SEI winter blue cardstock.  I used tiny pop dots to build the layers, at times cutting the pop dots in half to fit behind the tiny letters.  The stars were cut in two different types of metallic silver paper; the base layers in a flat silver and the two accent top cuts in a lined texture silver. 


I mounted my card topper on a rectangular mat of black metallic. The bottom mat is the same flat silver that was used to cut the stars.

The card was finished with icicle Stickles on the word Christmas and on around the circles.  There are also icicle dots on the blue circles.  The word WHITE was highlighted with a mixture of icicle Stickles and waterfall Stickles.  I swirled the two colors together to give the word WHITE a frosty cold feeling.


The card is finished with a length of blue snowflake ribbon with a little bow.  The ribbon is distributed by Michaels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment